Monday, November 10, 2008

Baracking the Vote and Happy Days

A week ago, I barely slept all night because I was so anxious about the next day; about what our future held and who would be elected to control our future for the country as a whole. I was terrified and beside-myself excited; I REALLY cared for the first time. And the next night, as I sat on the edge of the couch, gripping my husband's hand and barely breathing, Charlie Gibson said the words I've been waiting to hear for 2 years, "Barack Obama will be the 44th President of the United States of America." I couldn't help but break down sobbing and hug Bear, and I felt as if I could fly because of how much weight lifted off of my shoulders. I watched as he made the most amazing acceptance speech and Bear and I wept together (for the sake of his manliness, I wept a lot more than he did... really, I swear I did...) through the whole thing as we watched the first African-American President of the United States make MILLIONS of people feel hope and pride in their cuntry again for the first time in years. Never have a felt so hopeful about the way things can be, never have I felt so proud of a choice my country made. I am so incredibly excited to see what this man can accomplish for our country and for our people, and I have never had that feeling in my life. It is an amazing feeling, and one I will never forget or let go of. And while I found myself wholly disappointed in some other choices made around the country and in my own home state, my hope is that this man will help to reverse those decisions and help bring equality and freedom to all people, regardless of anything. The next 4 years will be a very exciting and amazing time, and my only hope is that at that time I will be blogging about how our president was re-elected for a second term and will continue to have the opportunity to bring hope and change to this country for another 4 years.

In other news, our wee Daisy graduated puppy school!!! We're not entirely sure how as she's honestly not the brightest crayon in the box, but she did very well and did come out of it knowing more than she did when she went in.


We are very proud and hope to continue her doggie education and get her Good Citizen certified.

It has been a very exciting week, and I for one am very much looking forward to what's to come...

No comments: