Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Silly Poem & Computer Bliss

So below you will find the product of a week's worth of procrastination, of waiting until the absolute last minute because I was dreading it so much. Don't know what all my fuss was about... it wasn't that bad:

Oh my glycocardio,
How much I love you so!
You give me tachycardia and palpitations,
Not being near you is my greatest frustration.
My goodness the diaphoresis, I feel faint!
The hypertension you give me is nothing quaint.
Give me some antihypertensive so I can relax,
My love for you is surpassing the max!
So out of control, I’ll need an EKG
If you don’t come over here and kiss me!



I wanted it to be longer, but that's about as far as I had the patience to take it. I'm too tired for more, I'd rather blog!

I must say I'm excited to have this blog; it's much better than MySpace's. I know we don't have kids or a "family" to be updating people about but I think it will be fun anyway. We have a dog child that everyone always asks about, so for future reference you should know to check here for Daisy updates!

We are hopefully ordering a new computer this weekend, which has been LONG overdue, and which means I will actually be able to remove the last 3 months worth of pictures from our camera and put some on here. Our current computer is so old and jumbled that it freaks out when we try to connect the cable or plug in the card, so all pictures as of late have been sadly confined to staying on the camera. It will also be nice to actually use and update things I can't now, like my ipod. All my music was on our laptop, which died, and then my fairly new ipod had issues so I had to trade it in for one of the brand-spankin'-new ones (i.e. so new that they don't even have those iClear protective cases for them yet... phooey!). Since I can't access my music, my new ipod is completely empty until we get the new computer and remove everything, including all of my precious music and THOUSANDS of pictures, from the laptop hard drive. I'm very excited about it; it's like a real super-computer and will be awesome for everything, even gaming for Bear (ok, and for me a little... that new Spore game is really intriguing me). It's a Dell XPS Ultimate edition with like a Quad-core processor and a 10k rpm Velociraptor hard drive, dual 512 NVIDIA GeForce video cards, etc. All the cool stuff. WAY excited.

So once that arrives, I will be computing much more often, and will be able to make this a much more interesting blog. Until then, boring and picture-less shall have to do!

No comments: