Thursday, October 2, 2008

School's A Drag

So I'm taking 3 classes this semester --all of them online, thank god-- that are really a drag. I'm taking Microsoft Word Core Level (so boring and so BASIC... I've known this stuff since I was 14!), Psych1A (zzzzz), and Medical Terminology. The latter is the one I'd like to bitch about today. This is by far my hardest class; learning the terms and workings of the human body is so hard! It's really like learning an entire new language. My homework this week is to write a POEM using some of the medical terms I have learned thus far. WTF?! Now, I used to be quite the poet in my mellodramatic teen years, but this is just so beyond me. For one, I can't remember the vast majority of the terms I've learned, and for two, how the hell do I make them into a poem?! I'm so over my head and frustrated. The Drop The Class feeling in my gut is rearing it's ugly head but I refuse to give up this semester. I'm doing better than I have ever done and I think I can pull a 4.0. That would make me very proud of myself and I could use a little pride in myself right now.
Don't give up, write a poem, don't give up....

Bear is at class tonight, too. He is doing well, though he's taking a class he's already taken 2 times. He's taking it because they're going to be covering Civil3D and he wants to learn more about it; the subject matter of the course changes every semester so he keeps taking it over and over again. I wish he would take other things too though; I want him to start working toward his degree and I think he underestimates how much Gen Ed he has to do, which he could get all done at the JC before transferring.

We have a lot of school to do... it's very frustrating and I feel like we'll never reach our goals. I want to finish all of this before we start a family, but we're so behind and we really have a limited amount of time for the family starting. I just hope we can both get done and get settled a bit into our careers and not have waited too long on the kids. Only time will tell, I suppose.

No comments: